12.30.2006

Cheap Music Albums

How’d you like to get classic Guster albums (and many others) for a great price? I was skeptical about this at first, but eight months ago, I found a great deal that allowed me to do just that.

Yourmusic.com is a music club similar to BMG that has some Guster classics among their offerings, including Lost and Gone Forever and Keep it Together. You can get each one for $6.99, with free shipping. Other multi-disc albums, like Guster on Ice: Live from Portland, Maine are a good deal at $13.98 each. That’s cheaper than downloading them on iTunes! Plus, then you can rip them at higher bit rates AND have a tangible CD copy of your music.

Now, before you completely dismiss this, let me describe. There are so many things that kept me from joining other music clubs, and I found none of them on yourmusic.com

  1. Most music clubs require that you buy a certain number of albums. Yourmusic.com does not. You can sign up, get one album, and then cancel online immediately afterward. With yourmusic.com, there is no minimum to buy.


  2. Most music clubs send you stuff you don’t want—CDs you didn’t ask for, cards to fill out and return, etc. Yourmusic doesn’t do any of that stuff. All you have to do is choose what album you want from their large catalog and they’ll send it to you. It’s a monthly subscription, but you can cancel as soon as there’s nothing else you want (which will probably take a while).

    If you don’t believe in the whole ongoing subscription thing, they even have gift subscriptions you can sign up for or send to someone else. That way, you know you won’t be locked in for more than just the term you sign up for.


  3. Most other clubs don’t have good music, or they don’t have new music. YourMusic.com has both. I paid full price for Snow Patrol’s Eyes Open the day it came out, then saw it on YourMusic.com for about half the price just a couple of weeks later. I’m sure Guster isn’t the only band you ever listen to, either. They have stuff from some of my other favorite musicians, like The Killers, Barenaked Ladies, U2, Coldplay, John Mayer, The Fray, Beyoncé, Lifehouse, Dave Matthews Band, Carrie Underwood, Yellowcard and tons of others.


If you’re not sure, just go to yourmusic.com, check it out, and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. As a Guster fan, what do you have to lose? I’ve been a member of the club for a while, and I’ve been completely satisfied with my experience. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, too.

No comments: